Do anemones can harm coral?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

madcaptains

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi,
I have a small problem with a finger leather coral here. I had this coral for the last 2 years and never had a problem with.
Since last weekend, it started to lose branches and look terrible. I have done nothing special before and all other corals are doing just great.

Right now, the only change I can see is a rose anemone that moved a little after a water change and it's now right beside the the coral so the can touch each other all the time.

Could that be a cause of my problems?

It very well could. Anenomes can sting other corals. I`m not positive that`s the case here though. Try moving the leather to be sure. If it`s looking too bad you might have to frag it to save it.

Hi!
it's difficult to move them because they are on the same rock right now. I never managed to find a way to make an anemone move.

Other than that, my light could be in cause. That's an old one and I am waiting for a replacement bulb next week. If the light is in cause, I don't see why all other corals (including the other finger leather) would do so well.

I'll see what I can do

thanks

Back
Top Bottom