Do my zoas look good now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Beau_123

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I just added new lights and was wondering if these zoas look ok.

Attachments

• image-506811764.jpg
    image-506811764.jpg
    193.5 KB · Views: 135
  • image-1190759496.jpg
    image-1190759496.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 122
Don't blast them with that light all at once. I would keep it at about 30% for a while. You can shock them changing the light without acclimation.
They do look good though ;)

Ya I have it at the lowest setting and for a while my toadstool would not open. At night should I turn them to blue or off.

Just like X said. I give my tank a total darkness point from 2am to 7am. Then at 7:00am the light cycle slowly slowly restarts.

I like to match the natural day out at the reef where we collected these creatures, or as close to that as possible.

You want it completely dark at night (or at most moonlights). Most people turn blues on for an hour, then whites and blues for around 8-10 hours, then turn whites off and leave just blues on for another hour, then moonlights or darkness.

IMO darkness is best. A nice period of darkness is good for them and you if the tank is in your room lol.

Haha yeah I actually use my moonlights as a nightlight lol. A giant glowing 150g In your room is a pretty cool nightlight :p

I only use moonlights for about four hours. I like to have them on for a bit while I'm up and then let the tank go black for the other 10 hours or so.

Back
Top Bottom