does anyone know anything about feather starfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ikechester

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, I just signed up to your forum and I was wondering if anyone knew anything about feather starfish. I have a red one and he seems to be dying, he has been losing his feathery tenticles and legs he uses to hold on to rock. and he isn't as active as he first was. I have had him maybe three to four months and I feed him photo feast and oyster feast and I switch off every other day. Everything else is doing fine I have 6 fish not including the feather starfish, I have 1 clown, 1 coral beauty, 1 yellow tailed damsel, two schooling fish I can't think of the name and 1 mandrin goby. I have someone come in once a month to clean the tank and check the ph balance and all the other stuff. The tank is going on 3 years old so it is well established. Please help if you can.

If your having someone come once a month to do basic maintenance, I'm betting it's dying due to high nitrates. Inverts cannot tolerate high nitrates and feeding the photo feast can foul the water real quick.
What are your specific parameters (amm, nitrite, nitrate, ph)?

Back
Top Bottom