Does my clownfish have brooklynella

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

syte

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Here is a picture of my clownfish:

I was wondering if it had brooklynella disease. It's been breathing hard. Swimming against the corner of the tank. It hasn't eaten. It seems like it wants to. It even goes after the food, but doesn't seem to eat anything. I initially thought it was hosting the corner of the tank along with my other clown.
My levels are all fine.

Attachments

• fish.jpg
    fish.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 213
Mine might have it. It's a sad thought to know your fish has a hard to cure disease. From what you are saying it sounds like it but also any other disease. Her is a pic of mine if any one else wants to chime in.

image-1351923218.jpg

Yeah :(. With the help of some of the people in live chat, I believe it maybe an internal parasites. I believe brooklynella takes over very rapidly. How long has your clown's illness been developing? I can't tell if it's brooklynella, but if it is, you maybe able to treat with 37% formalin. Goodluck to you and your clown fish :(. Now i understand the benefit of owning a quarantine tank.

I'm am very sorry to say that he died this morning. RIP mr. Fishy. But the good news is the other clown is doing fine. He is the only fish I have now. Is he likely to catch the disease that mr. Fishy had?

Back
Top Bottom