Does my clownfish have ich?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Clownfish101

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
This is my clownfish. It seems to have clear things on its fins. Is it ich?

What should I do? I just added him to the system.

There are a few ways to treat for ich, I am currently prepraring treating for ich myself.

You can use the hyposalinity method or the copper method.

Hypo involves slowly lowering the salinity of the water.

If you use copper you will have to dose certain amounts of it and test to make sure you are not adding too much or too little at a given time.

Both methods will kill bacteria, corals, and inverts so the methods work best when being executed in a quarantine tank setup.

Newyorksteelo said from utube that that doesnt work because when u add the fish back it will get ick again:(

That will be the case unless you leave your tank empty for a while. Without a host for the ich, the ich in the tank will die (because there will be no fish in the tank for it to attach to).

This will happen in your main tank while you treat in your QT. :)

I am going to remove all of my fish from my display tank into my QT tank. I will then use copper to try to get rid of the ich. :)

I just order a uv sterilizer from amazon! It's coming tomorrow! If the fish dies at least the Ich will go quicker!

condy I think.
I had to mov esome rockwork around in my tank about6 weeks ago to get to a killer crab,in the end I removed the rock it was in to my sump,I also did my PWC at the same time,this obviously stressed out my sailfin tang and the next day it had white spots all over it,the day after my kole tang had white spots.
All I used to cure them was a dosing of stress coat over 5 days,this helps them reduce stress and thicken their slime coat which in turn helped them fight off the parasite,remember most tanks have ich in there its just the fish when not stressed fight it off easily.Ich gone in 3 days and clear tank so far,the ich never got to my 4 clowns or birdnose wrasse.

Back
Top Bottom