Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 03-23-2006, 08:25 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak
How is your puffer doing?

Some times it takes fish longer to adjust to their new surroundings. I know when I have a new addition I do not let any one except me around the tank for a week or two depending on the fish. Puffers can rest on the bottom, mine rested on the bottom just about all day yesterday and only came out for the night feeding.

Avoid any FW feeders at this point, you can try Ghost shrimp but feed the ghost shrimp something nutritional first before placing them in your tank. Get a feeding stick from your LFS (about $1.50) place a piece of Fresh raw shrimp on the feeder stick and see if the puffer will take it. You can also place the raw shrimp in a nori clip. This will help avoid excess uneaten foods in your tank and your puffer may be less stressed during feeding.

When moving a puffer, scoop the puffer with a plastic cup, pitcher or bucket, try not to expose your puffer to air. You can put snails, hermits or even mussels from your local grocery store for the puffer to eat, this will help keep the teeth down. But offer a variety of foods, Mysis, Mussels, Crab, Squid, Raw Shrimp and so on.......

Look's Like A Butterfly & Stings Like A Bee!!
specialk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 08:53 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Freak
Send a message via MSN to dscount Send a message via Yahoo to dscount

How's your puffer doing? Has he pulled thru okay? Eating yet?

75gal Salt, 18gal Sump, Skimmer, 60lb Live Rock, 90lb Live Sand, 3 Pwrhd, 2x55w Actinic, 2x55w 10k. Guest list: Goby Green Clown, Percula Clown and entire clean up crew.
dscount is offline   Reply With Quote

eel, puffer

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com