Dogface Puffer looking chalky

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

contactpsb

Aquarium Advice Regular
http://www.barbsphotos.com/Puffer1.jpg

http://www.barbsphotos.com/Puffer2.jpg

I noticed that my puffer is looking kind of chalky. Don't know best how to describe it, but he has a hazy milky colored appearance. He's always had it in a slight way, I assumed part of his coloring, but it seems more prevelant today and yesterday. I also noticed today that he has what appears to be a sore on his tail which you can see in the pic above. Should I be worried? Any ideas?

update

Ok, nobody responded :( I did go by the aquarium store and described the spot on the tail to one of their saltwater experts and he said to watch it and see what happens but he said that it didn't sound good, and if I noticed any redness spreading out from the spot then I'd better isolate him and it would require intensive medication. I can't remember what he said it might be now....

Anyway I came in tonight and noticed the puffer was inside the little rock cave and his tail was curved around to his face and he was laying on the bottom. I was afraid he was dead but then the grouper came over and nudged him and he swam out. But on the right side his fin was gone. Completely gone! I started freaking out and called my fiance in and we started thinking the worst. Then all of a sudden 3minutes later, out comes his fin from nowhere, I think it must have been inside his gill? (sorry I'm not too hip on the language here LOL) But the fin looks odd, it's a little frayed and appears kinda wilted? I don't know what to do and I'm leaving town tomorrow for a week but my fiance will be here. So if anyone has any suggestions please please please get back to me asap.

I am really not sure what is wrong. But just to be safe i would get him out of the main tank and QT him. Then you can go form there, Maybe some other tank mate is messing with him. This would give you an easier way to watch him. Also can you post any updated pics?

Back
Top Bottom