Dragon wrasse (acting strange,help)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DRIFTER

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have had a dragon wrasse for about 2 months and in the past week he has been acting strange and he appears to be VERY skinny.

I have been feeing him live brine shrimp and ghost shrip.

Could his diet be the problem?

Anyone have a solution. I need help my girlfriend really likes this fish i need him to get better . PLEASE help if you can.

DRIFTER said:
I have had a dragon wrasse for about 2 months and in the past week he has been acting strange and he appears to be VERY skinny.

Anyone have a solution. I need help my girlfriend really likes this fish i need him to get better . PLEASE help if you can.

water parameters?
what other tank mates does he have?
How big is your tank?
need more info to be any help...

mikebranson said:
DRIFTER said:

water parameters?
what other tank mates does he have?
How big is your tank?
need more info to be any help...

Water is good

Tank mates include a 6 line wrasse and a 1" baby clown trigger.

Tank is 30 gal

And before anyone goes on i a rant about the fish outgrowwing the tank i have a 120 gal for then when they are big enough to survive the other fish in that tank.

So what would be the best suggestion as fas a what to feed a dragon wrasse??? Help please he is really looking bad and extremely skinny.

Diet is primarily your problem. The live brine are okay as long as they are gut loaded (fed) before you feed them to the tank. This greatly increases their nutritional value. I would also suggest you add into the feeding schedule mysis shrimp soaked in a good liq marine vitamin high in [acronym="Highly Unsaturated Fatty Acid"]HUFA[/acronym], preferabley overnight.

If you are able to increase the nutritional value of the foods fed and vary the types, you should see improvement soon.

http://marineaquariumadvice.com/feed_your_fish_better.html

Cheers
Steve

i have tried several diffirent foods and he would eat one or two bites but now he has stopped eating al together and just lays on the sand.

Is there a way force feed the fish?

now he has stopped eating al together and just lays on the sand.

Definately not a good sign. Should have done this earlier but checking your profile it indicates this is a 12 gal cube tank? This species of wrasse needs a much larger tank than this. The lack of feeding at this point could be stress related.

Are there any coral/inverts in the tank?

Is there a way force feed the fish?
Unfortunately not for a fish this size.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom