Duncan coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scotty09

Aquarium Advice Freak
All my corals are fine but my Duncan coral been closed for few weeks any ideas

Duncan coral

Attachments

• image-1276400231.jpg
    image-1276400231.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 146
My tank

Attachments

• image-3804305006.jpg
    image-3804305006.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 114
How long have you had it?

Kind of looks like there's some cyano growing on its stalks, right up to where the head is? Am I seeing that right? If so, that's implying to me that you've got some water quality issues going on.

I know mine doesn't like to be to close to the leathers, probably due to chemical warfare. What is your light, current and water changing schedule like?

Duncan Coral

I do 20% a week I got 2 t5 whites and 2 t5 blues and my current is high got good flow

If "good flow" means alot... I've found they don't really care for that. But if it was doing fine when it first got in to your tank, and the closing up is a recent thing, then I'd suspect something in the water is ticking it off. Either chemical warfare like joy mentioned, or excessive nitrates/phosphates/etc. If that *is* cyano on the stalks, I'd get that off also... it could be irritating it.

Found out what it was I think bad water quality my return pump was hardly pumping so no water was pumping round. cleaned the pump out and it recovering already lesson learned clean pumps every few month at least nothing died . I'm still very new so still learning as this is my first tank ever jumped in deep end

Back
Top Bottom