Duncan coral frag!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cjsanders757

Aquarium Advice Freak
I did a water change today on my 10g tank and my duncan closed up, it's been open ever since I got it literally. Testing parameters tomorrow. No fish on tank just 2 zoa frags, green star polyps, darth maul paly, goniastrea frag. Unknown number of snails and crabs, 2 peppermint shrimp.

Aquaclear20? W/ chemipure elite and a whisper internal filter with bio rings.

Lights are an odyssea 72w (18wx4) 2 actinic 2 10k

Parameters tested 7/07

Ph-7.8(never raises)
Ammonia-0
Nitrite-0
Nitrate-20
Calcium-high!! between 30/35 drops
Phosphate-0-.25
Kh-9/11 drops

My duncan is completely retracted into the base my peppermint shrimp was nipping at it, but it was completely open when my light came on. Thinking about getting rid of my peppermint shrimps.

The goniastra coral has long sweeper tenticals that expand at night to feed.. if its too close to the duncan it could be stinging it.. otherwise I would check the water flow over the coral, maybe it changed higher or lower.

The peppermints are probably just eating the dead flesh

The goniastra coral has long sweeper tenticals that expand at night to feed.. if its too close to the duncan it could be stinging it.. otherwise I would check the water flow over the coral, maybe it changed higher or lower.

The peppermints are probably just eating the dead flesh

The goniastrea is on the other side of the tank.

I've saw peppermints eat Duncan's, but little ones. I just didn't. Feed them enough, a bit more food solved my problem!

Back
Top Bottom