Dying Anemone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

boricua1213

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
This morning I saw white stuff coming out of my anemone. It looks kinda of tenticales bunch together with some white flakes. Is he dying? Or spliting? Heres a pic.

As you can see he is attached inside of a rock. If dying how to get him out? I did take rock to the surface to smell if there was a foul smell, no there wasn't. I do not have another tank to put him in (QT). So any suggestions will help

I tested the water 2 days ago and it was fine(I know you need numbers). I am going to run test right after I post this and post my numbers.

thanks
rick

Attachments

• img_1929_102.jpg
    img_1929_102.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 255
i dont know is its spilting or what not. But if you want to get him off the rock, wear a pair or latex gloves and have a nice piece of ice ready. Rub along the sides of the anemone and it'll dislatch after a while. I did this with a 10 Inch anemone.... works pretty well.. But yeh watch out for all the slime that its excreting

So is he dying?

Water Params:
Ammonia:0
Nitrite:0
Nitrate:10
PO3:0
pH:8
Ca:340ppm
KH: 11dKH
Salinity: 32
Temp: 79.4-79.9

I been adding Ca to get it up, but it hasn't really gone up much.

Rick

If he`s stuck pretty good on the rock then I`d let him be. If he is dying he`d fall off or be easier to come off. He might be dispelling waste. Food going in and waste coming out have to go through the same place. 2 questions, 1) What type lighting do you have and 2) How long has your tank been set up.

Lighting is PC which equates to 4.3 watts per gal.

Tank been setup for about 2 yrs, I bought used so it did under go a move about a month ago

For now let it be. Color is still good. Test parameters every day to stay on top of things. The most important thing to do is to leave the animal alone. How long have you had the anemone?

FWIW...the first thing you should do at the sign of any trouble is a water change.

I would not try to feed it, that will only serve to stress it out further. Let it be for a couple of days and see how it does.

I agree just let it be for a few days. It`s probably just trying to find a good place to stay.

Back
Top Bottom