Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-15-2011, 11:38 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

This is a picture of her this morning. Mouth is open and most of the tenticles are completely deflated and some are actully coming off. No sings of any slime that I can tell.....

http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/...p/DSC_0401.jpg

Old 05-16-2011, 09:00 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Freak

Have you fed it all or are you wait'n it out like we said? Have you tested for Amonia? and what are the rest of youre parameters like? And also what is you're Sg and the temp in the tank? Do you have good water flow? My Anemone looks funky in the morn'n sometimes too. Maybe take a sample of you're water to the LFS and have em do the test for you just to be sure if you do have any doubts or dont have the complete test kits. The smallest change in the tanks water will mess these guys up.

Old 05-16-2011, 10:56 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

It appears to be heading south quickly. I have never kept one, but I know they require high lighting, and I'm not sure you have enough. I may be wrong on that, but if all your water parameters are in line, that would be my suspicion.
Old 05-16-2011, 12:18 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Regular

get that thing out of your tank immediately if you think it was dying, because your whole tank could possibly suffer. When they do die, they kinda turn inside out and form a ball of black gross stuff. I had one die about 2 years ago and haven't had one since.
Old 05-16-2011, 05:20 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice FINatic

If tentacles are actually coming off, get it out of there ASAP. It is a potential disaster at that stage.

-Chuck
Krypt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 07:36 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Yeah sorry I didn't update I took it out the next day after posting. It took my tang before I could do anything. Thanks for all the help !

Tags
anemone, dyi, dying, dying anemone

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com