Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 06-01-2015, 07:12 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Newbie
Good to know Doug. I guess I'm getting in my own way, lol. I'll stop with the chems and let nature due it due dilligence.

C5m7b4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 07:18 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to mr_X
Even the foods....they contribute to fouling the water. Just feed the fish. That will be enough for the entire tank. If you need to add an ammonia binder on a regular basis, your bacteria colony is not able to process what you are putting in the tank.

mr_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 09:49 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Freak
Another note to add, if I may. Anemone tense to do well in a mature tank. Ones that has been up and running at the very least 6 months. Personally, I like it at least 8months to a year.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Toffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 12:42 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

All good advice given here esp doug's , it's human nature to try to do too much at first by adding chemicals etc, one of the best pieces of advice I personally could add is to let your tank age for awhile b4 adding too much coral no matter what your tests say ,... Tanks need to age and become stable ,.. 8-10-12 months would be a normal range, let the tank do its work ,there's a lot going on behind the scenes ,Yes it's a very hard thing to adhere to and everyone thinks that their tank is the exception BUT your overall success rate will climb drastically by letting things settle in for awhile. Slow and easy .

Dary421 is online now   Reply With Quote

anemone, dyi, dying

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com