Dying anenome?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Imianman

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I bought this anemone on Sunday night and put it in the tank. Everything seemed fine, he was moving around the tank. He ended up in a cave that my clowns usually use as their base of operations and was freaking them out. So I moved him on top of the rock he is on in the picture. He moved for a little bit but appears pinched in the middle, I don't know if that was the way he always was, with short tentacles in the middle and longer ones at both ends. Is that okay or is it something to worry about?

Attachments

• image-433142657.jpg
    image-433142657.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 137
If he came off the rock easily when you moved him, then I would just keep an eye on him. The tentacles that are out look good.
If he came off with a fight, you could have torn his foot. Probably should have left him where he was, the clowns would have managed.
IMO, I would just watch him closely and if he looks like he's melting, remove him immediately. Good luck!

He wasn't attached to the rock, the cave has a sand bottom. I dropped some food in and it reacted when a brine shrimp landed on him. He seems to be doing better, thanks for the reply.

After a day my anemone went back to his original spot. I watched him get stuck under the rock, he was inflating and deflating his foot trying to turn but had no room. I know I prob shouldn't have, but I moved him. Yesterday he moved under a rock and seemed very happy was fully inflated. All of a sudden he has something red coming from his mouth and is curled up. This happen in a matter of a few minutes. I've included a picture.is this a bad thing?

Attachments

• image-2584109000.jpg
    image-2584109000.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 104
  • image-2461532080.jpg
    image-2461532080.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 119
It's just getting used to the tank. Do not move it. It's going to go where it wants to anyway, no matter how many times you move it. That anemone has some rehabilitation to do. It's quite bleached. I would not stress it any further by touching it. Like FLreefer said, the clowns will be fine.
The stuff coming out of it's mouth is poop.

Back
Top Bottom