Dying Bicoloured Angel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Boolay1978

Aquarium Advice Freak
My angel that I have had for a month is not looking too good. Did a partial water change at the weekend and he has been fine till this afternoon. It's a 29gl tank. Is there any thing I can do, he is still breathing .....

image-2699609496.jpg

Attachments

• image-1286977976.jpg
    image-1286977976.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 83
He's stressed mine did the same thing turn lights off check your water parms too hope he comes around I've had mine two years

Just taken water sample to the shop, he said everything was just fine. Asked if he been eating. I out the flakes (crumbled up) in for him and the two clowns he never takes them but always looking around and nipping at the rock. How long was yours like that for?

Likes day but angels need more to eat then just flakes ..do u haveyur own test kit fish stores always say its fine so they can sell u stuff

When I moved minefrom the 24 nano to my 55 he layer on the bottom for a day I turned lights off and the next morning he was loving life ... Somethings wrong in your tank or your feeding

Going to get test kit tomorrow but I stood in front when he did the readings. Clowns are very happy. I have some frozen fish that I got to break up for the anemone, should I try and give him some of this thawed out?

It is but that was a few weeks ago and his eye is better now

Ok u need to test all yur parms first make sure the salinity and temp is the same befor yourpwc also your pwc water is it tap or rodi how long are u mixing it for ? What kind of circulation does your tank have ?

It realy sounds like water quality issues and if we can adress those first then we can get yur fish healthy again if it is not to late

If all yur parms are indeed correct then I'd say itsthe diet the bicolor is a grazer it eats vegitation and meat I feed mine shrimp pellets misc vegetation and frozen and live brine shrimp soaked in garlic every feeding I give him something differnt while maintaining vegetation for him to nip at through out the day

Thanks, do you just put the food in the tank and he goes looking for it?

The vegetation I keep constant supply in there just a few pieces ...as for the meals soon as it hits the water he tears it up ..I have him with 3 clowns and a blue damsel all I bought when they were juveniles I put them in tank at same time and moved them to bigger tank same time ..

I feed my bi color a mixture of things that includes green marine algae thawed mysis shrimp mixture and have this growing in my tank and him and my tang love it

ForumRunner_20120222_154951.jpg

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120222_155645.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120222_155645.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 62
Back
Top Bottom