Dying BTA?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Azul17

Aquarium Advice Activist
Does this look like it’s dying?
The mouth it’s a little open and looks brown. Also it shriveled.IMG_2575.jpg

It’s hidden behind rock. I will try to get better photos tomorrow.IMG_2572.jpgIMG_2575.jpg

Could be stuck??

No. Just those pictures are bad. It was under some rocks. Today I moved all the rocks on top so it could get more light and so I could be able to feed her. Kinda hard to feed when all the fishes around steal the food. It looks a little better today. It’s not as shriveled but the mouth still open Like the size of a nickel. The clown fish was nibbling at it today but I heard that normal?

Large water changes with ro/di water will get things in order. Do not try to feed the anemone. Consuming large chunks of food can be stressful to anemone and result in more energy being expended trying to consume it than what it will get out of it. These anemone will get all they need out of the light source above your tank as long as it is an intense light.
Clownfish can also be stressful on anemone. The symbiotic relationship isn't always the best for them. Clowns can be very rough on them and if they aren't established anemone, it can even lead to them being picked on to death by a clownfish.

Back
Top Bottom