Dying Kenya tree coral? Or will it be ok?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Datreeferman

Aquarium Advice Activist
I got some new corals the other day, a mushroom, Xenia and a Kenya tree. I put everything in a perfect place in the aquarium and all my coral are doing fine except for my Kenya tree. I could not find a good place to put it because it's so small. Every were I put it it flies out of place cause of the strong flow and it stresses it out(closes polyps and loses color n shrinks) will it die? Do I still have a chance? We're else can I put it or prop it up? It didn't come with a frag plug, and I don't want to put it on the sand bed cause I'm afraid it not enough light for him down there and since it's so small it could get covered by sand getting tossed over it.:nono:

I just had the SAME exact problem. Best solution is to take a small piece of live rock or a shell and super glue(it wont harm your tree) it to the rock/shell. Let it dry compleatly then straight back to the tank, put it at the bottom of the tank with very little flow, give it a day or so and it will do great! Their very hardy

Back
Top Bottom