Electric Blue Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

buvaren

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
After I first bought my electric blue, about 1 1/2 weeks ago, he seemed to work non-stop for several days cleaning the live rock. He then abruptly decided to hang out by the front of the tank, against the glass, for around 2 days, which kind of had me worried. Now he's back to cleaning the rock again, like before....My question....is this somewhat normal activity for hermits? I know that he did move around a little bit at night during that time, but it seems like he needed a couple of days off or something?

Thanks!

This would generally indicate the crab has recently molted. Usually soon after being added to a new tank, crustaceans will molt. It's quite common for them to remain inactive/hidden until the new shell hardens. Also, many small hermits are commonly more active at night than during the photoperiod. That will moreso depend on the fish types though. Of which yours shouldn't be a concern.

Cheers
Steve

Thanks Steve :!:

Well, that makes me feel better. I figured it was something normal, but just had that "helpless parent" feeling.

Thanks again....time to go have a beer and watch the hurricane come through the neighborhood 8O .

Yikes... make sure you bolt down the beer cooler 8)

Cheers
Steve

Yeah, Heck w/the lawn furniture, grill, or other junk in the yard... can't let the beer float away! :roll:

Hopefully you made out alright.

austinsdad said:
Yeah, Heck w/the lawn furniture, grill, or other junk in the yard...can't let the beer float away! :roll:
Those would be insured (hopefully)... the beers not LOL

Hopefully you made out alright.
Indeed!!

Cheers
Steve

Well, I made it through 8O ! Only about 10 power glitches through the evening, with no actual lengthy power outages (good for me and the fish :p ).

Overall, no major damage in the Birmingham area, just power outages and some downed trees. Compared to when I lived in the Cocoa Beach area of Florida, growing up, it's always much less worse inland.

Thanks for the concern :wink:

Back
Top Bottom