Electricity

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

_aurelia_

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Having problems with my 12g nano. 3 fish have mysteriously died. My params are all great, lfs and I are stumped. They suggested a possible stray current. I went out tonight & bought a multimeter to check it out. I'm getting a reading of .08 milliamps. Would that be considered a significant reading? I know it's not enough to affect a human, but a fish maybe? Any input is appreciated!

Weird. I am now getting a steady reading of 1 milliamp. However, when I unplug the pump and leave only the lights plugged in, it goes up to 5 milliamps. When I plug the pump in with no lights, .7 milliamps. But with both plugged in and running, 1 milliamp. I'm so confused!!!!

How long has your tank been running? How did you cycle it? What else is in the tank? What are your test results? which fish didn't make it?
I would look somewhere other than electricity the fish are not grounded they will not be affected. I had a powerhead that gave me a lifter everytime I touched the water without turning it off, and the fish were never affected.

Back
Top Bottom