Emergency help plz.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gooyferret

Aquarium Advice FINatic
i recently got a fish in which my g/f had bought me, the problem is my yellow tang is fighting with the other (new) fish. I noticed today that they both now have ich. Im willing to quarentine just need some advice how to do it. Im going to use a 10gallon for one of them just cant afford a bigger tank to do both what should i do and how do i add the cooper.

thanks

I would seperate the two fish. and from your profile i see you have a 75 gallon tank. That's the min size you can have for a yellow tang. I had a 75 and a yellow tang, and he was still aggressive and very skittish. I finaly decided returning him was the best option.

there are articals in the disease forum. on what to do and how to treat ich. tou can use a product called coppersafe, just follow the instructions. you should probly also have a copper test kit to make sure you have the correct concentration of copper. as you said, all this should be done in your QT.

Seachem's Cupramine has shown to be one of the more effective and least stressful copper meds available. Just be sure to use the corresponding "chelated copper" test made by the same manufacturer. Coppersafe by Mardel labs is aalso a good brand but again, ensure you get the proper test to go with it.

Cheers
Steve

had to pull my tang from my 90!!! their flat out aggressive and i feel they do more damage with the spike at the tip of their tails than a biting fish would in the same amount of time imo !! so now lmao he's in with the stone crab see who wins that one hehehe j/k

Back
Top Bottom