Emergency - Pyjama Wrasse has white spot?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lisa1804

Aquarium Advice Newbie
HELP!
I just came home from work and noticed my pyjama wrasse is very ill. He has quite a few white spots on him and one of his eyes is a little cloudy. He also looks like he has been scratching as his one side seems to have scratches on it. He seemed fine this morning.
Whilst writing this post my husband called me, he is now lying on his side and breathing heavily.

Shall I remove him now rather than leavening him in there? And what else should I do as I have other fish (pair of clowns, firefish and a blue cheek gobby) a few corals (a few zoa colonies, a few mushrooms and a xenia) and clean up crew (10 turbo snails, 4 hermit crabs and 2 cleaner shrimps).
I've only had my tank a few months I don't have a quarantine tank and until now everything has been going relatively smoothly!
I would appreciate any advise as I am now really worried about everything contracting it and dying!

What are your water tests results?
That is pretty quick for ich to get a fish that sick, that quickly.
Can you get a pic?

My tank is 200l. We did our weekly water change of 25l on Tue night. These were the parameters last night: sg 1.024, nitrite 0, nitrate <2 mg/l, ammonia <0.01, ph 8.2, kh 9.5, calcium 420, phosphate <0.03 (a tiny tint so not 0), magnesium 1380. I've had the wrasse for 2 weeks and am really worried about the rest of the fish and corals. Thinking of trying to set a quarantine tank up tomorrow for the other fish but don't know what to do about the main tank and corals etc!

Hmm, you do have some ammonia, how long has your tank been set up?

Unfortunatley the Wrasse was dead this morning. We were up till really late trying to get him out last night. We moved a few things to try and get him but didn't want to move to much beacause of stirring everything up! He must have died not long ago when I got him out as nothing had been at him.

I've just checked all the waler parameters this morning and I don't have any ammonia! The lowest reading on the scale is <0.01 and that is a yellowish colour and my sample is lighter than the colour on the chart. All others are the same as I said yesterday.

My main priority now is treating everything else in case!! Off to shop now.

Back
Top Bottom