emperor loosing colour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nigi

Aquarium Advice Newbie
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My bf had itch problems, the actuall white spot has gone, but then a kind of brownish spot appeared,he raised the temp and Now he decided to use some chemicals, he is using kent marine the RXP. everything is fine except that the emperor is loosing colour.the only other fish is a yellow tang which seems fine. he took the water to be testes at the store,and he said everything is all right.

he took the water to be testes at the store,and he said everything is all right.
What specifically were the readings? Especially PH and ammonia?
Also, what do you feed the angel?

so the emperor is now death, his b day is soon coming and i know he loves to have another one, i would buy it if i knew it has the right conditions in his aquarium, could u give me some info on what are thebest conditions for them ,and arethere any fish they can't tolerate as tank mates?

Sorry for the loss. Many questions to ask here.
First, what size is the system ? Large Angels need systems of at least 180 Gallons IMO.
Here is a chart to give some basic guidelines on tankmate possibilities.
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/SWCompatibility.php
What were the results of the water tests?
If the main tank was treated with meds, were measures taken to remove them, such as large water changes and running GAC?
How old it the tank? Large Angels should be put in a mature stable system.
How much live rock and what kind of filtration are being used?
These are just a few of the questions needed for us to advise if keeping an Imperator again is a good Idea or not. Beautiful fish, but has some system requirements and demands some special care. Here is some good reading on this species, be sure to go through the FAQ's at the top too.
http://www.wetwebmedia.com/marine/fishes/angels/pomacanthus/imperator.htm
Good luck :)

Back
Top Bottom