ever seen a spot like this on a fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

copi

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just one brown spot... fish died...

Sorry the photos are a bit blurry.

Attachments

• spot1_151.jpg
    spot1_151.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 185
  • spot2_835.jpg
    spot2_835.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 212
  • spot3_133.jpg
    spot3_133.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 209
Rather large spots at that. If your sure it's not another animal (isopod) it was most likely Lympho. Not too sure, as you say the pics are not that clear. Lympho unto itself is not deadly though. It would have needed to be covering the mouth or fouling gill function to be a serious concern. What causes it however can be a concern.

Please post your tank parameters (actual numbers please). Any other fish in the tank and how long was the fish like this?

Cheers
Steve

Actually this happened some time ago... I posted a similar question at that time and received little to no response. Water parameters at that time:

Ammo: 0
Ite: 0
Ate: 20
I don't have SG & pH recorded for that time period but they were within normal limits.

Just thought I'd throw this out there again & see what kind of ideas people had. I'll reserach Lympho a bit for my own information.

I'm sure its not an isopod -- there was no LR or other source for isopods in the tank at that time (unless they can get in some other way?).

I'd welcome any other thoughts on the brown spot. It reminded me of a large pimple -- raised, firm, and appeard to be some swelling under the skin.

Sorry -- I should have mentioned: the WHITE spots are reflections from the flash. The only marking on the fish is the single brown spot. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom