Every Snail Has Died

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stck2mlon

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So I had 6 turbo snails that were just beautiful! Sadly, I came home on Saturday and they all were dead. It was weird as they all were laying on the sand with their protective shell half retracted. Like they died so quickly that they didn't even fight.

Tank specs:
60 gallon FOWL
Proclear wet/dry w/prefilter and skimmer
Marineland 400 (existing while cycling proclear, running both)
1 chromis
5 emerald crabs
3 small hermits
1 condidactylus

10 ppm nitrate
0 ammonia
8.1 ph
0 nitrite
81 degrees

Went to LFS and they gave me 2 turbos and both were dead by next day. What gives because I love these snails.

None at all. A few weeks ago I had a few I'll fish that died. I was treating using an herbal product Artimiss and Herbana that is safe for everything it says. All the fish died anyways. So I let the tank get healthy again before adding anything. But the snails lived thru all of the tank drama.

All the fish dying and then the snails all dying is a sign that some chemical is in the tank poisoning them. Chances are something got in the tank and stressed out the fish and that's what caused their initial sickness. I'd try doing a couple 20% water changes and run some GAC to try to clean the water of any left over meds/toxins.

Back
Top Bottom