everything lost

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DeathWarp

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just want to say thank you to all those who aided me in my last post when my fish started to die.. sadly to say I couldnt save it.. corals, anemones, fish, inverts all gone... unfortunatly this has cost way too much to start over.. but I will try again in the future

Thank You All :)

Terrible news. I am so sorry to hear that. Total tank crashes remain somewhat of a mystery. They do just happen. Revhtree went through one a while back as well. As you decide to rebuild in the future just remember we are here to help.

I went through one as well. I just took things very slowly. Shoot, I am still doing things slowly. The tank is still pretty empty as far as corals go.

Yeah, it's unfortunate but I suppose it just sometimes works that way. I'm not going to give up forever, I'm just a little frustrated that I could not stop it. But like demodiki said, things will be taken slowly.

Very sorry to hear about this. I had hoped you could salvage at least some of it.

Man sorry to hear. :(

Although I didnt loose everything, what I did loose was enough to make you want to quit. I just used what happened to make a better tank. I wish you would reconsider, but if you do not, I hope to see you back in the future.

Sorry.....

So sorry for your loss :( SW is still such a mystery to me even after decades of successfully keeping fw/brackish fish. There are just so many variables to keeping a tank “perfect” and try as we may some things are still out of our control. Keeping a proper pwc schedule weekly or monthly and going slow is key in this hobby and I also hope you try again.

You're all absolutely right... its tricky in its own sense... Perhaps I didnt stay on top of things correctly; perhaps wasnt educated enough or maybe it was a complete stroke of luck that it happened. I typically was quite obsessive when it came to the life of my tank; it felt like losing a close friend in a sort of way. Im not going to quit though, I don't like giving up... I WILL! succeed at it, but i'm just going to learn more before I attempt it again.

That's too bad...and almost a little scary! Is it possible one of your corals released a toxin? What could possibly have just done in the whole tank like that?

Paul

Sorry to hear the bad news. I had almost a total crash last summer.. an anemone died while I was on a week long vacation. Took down the entire 90 gallon tank. I had only two fish survive. I have sworn off of anemones.

Try again !

JG

Back
Top Bottom