Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 04-10-2011, 10:37 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Originally Posted by Jbird745 View Post
My tank is falling apart right noe although params are fine.
Ammonia 0.25ppm
The only thing that jumps out at me is like was said before the tang stressing in a small tank, even if its a small size, it can still stress, but The params are fine with 0.25ppm. Maybe the ammonia is spiked because of the deaths? If not whatever caused the ammonia to go up, triggered the stress, ich, and snowball affect I'm very sorry, if your tank is cycled then you should be able to keep doing water changed to remove/dilute the ammonia until its 0.

nxb161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 10:49 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm at this point gonna run the tank for 2 months without adding anything and do weekly water changes until I'm confident that the params won't crash again

Jbird745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 06:39 PM   #13
Thanx but no.....

Ich doesn't just 'appear' because a fish is stressed. It has to be introduced to your system first. At some point you added something that had ich.

As long as there are fish in there, the likelihood is that the ich parasite will persist
If I wanted someone to 'tag along' I'd buy a wagon.

I despise skinny felines!
CaptainAhab is offline   Reply With Quote

dyi, dying, ick

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com