Everythings dying please help me ICK

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jbird745

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My tank is falling apart right noe although params are fine. It started with my hippo tang who got ick and a swim bladder disease shes about to die i give her one more day ive tried everything for her but to no avail. All of my corals are dead and now i noticed my sailfin is covered in ick. Ive been adding biozyme, ick attack, and stress coat trying to save my fish but nothing is working. due to all of the death i had an ammonia spike but with water changes, biozyme, and stress coat i got it back down thankfully but all my fish are dying here is my livestock....

Blue hippo tang (dying)
Sailfin tang (covered in ick)
2 ocellarus Clowns (seem fine)
Spotted Hawkfish (seems fine)
Mandarin Goby (seems fine)
Sea Apple (seems fine)
Anemone (seems Fine)
$60 green bubble coral (dead)
$50 frogspawn (dead)
$40 Green star polyp (dead)
5 turbo snails
3 astrea snails
10 hermits

Please help me im at a loss and feel im running outta time before the ineviatble

Ammonia 0.25ppm
ph 8.0
nitrite 0 ppm
nitrate 5.0 ppm
calcium 420 ppm
kh 195

Im running my sump no filter with dsb bio balls protien skimmer should i hook up my 330 canister to fight the ick or will that not make a difference?

i just need all the help i can get right now

Hippo tang just died :,(,,, please help me on this I need a solution if my corals die will they come back or are they just rubble now

Sorry to hear about your problems. As you'll find mentioned on here a bunch (but unfortunately, not mentioned on the bottles of "reef safe" meds for ich)... there is no reef-safe method of curing ich. You need to remove the fish to a hospital tank and treat with either copper or hyposalinity. At best, the reef-safe meds will do nothing. At worst, they can cause a cascading bunch of problems, as you've found.

Really wish I could give you advice other than "take the fish out of the tank and treat them", but I can't.

As far as dead corals... once they're dead, they're dead. Often times though, what looks dead is just really ticked off. Unless you can just see skeleton with no tissue, then there's still a chance it might bounce back.

My sea apple and sailfin died last night I got the sea apple out as it was deteriorating so no nuked tank lol but the remaining fish seem fine but I tested my levels and my nitrates spiked to 60 ppm I'm doing a 50% change with ro in hopes to get my tank stable again :( I've lost $350 in livestock in 2 weeks why did this happen

1 clown and my mandarin dues this morning now I only have a clown a hawk fish an anemone and a shrimp left alive in my tank

How big is your tank? How long has it been running? How many fish did you add at one time? Sea apples are not the easiest to have in a tank. Did you QT?

55 gallon and a 30 running together. 6 months by the time I set up qt it was too late :( my other clown died last night I'm doing a 50% change with ro today

well the first thing people are gonna say is your 55 is too small for those tangs and that could have stressed them which could be possible

My tank is falling apart right noe although params are fine.
Ammonia 0.25ppm

The only thing that jumps out at me is like was said before the tang stressing in a small tank, even if its a small size, it can still stress, but The params are fine with 0.25ppm. Maybe the ammonia is spiked because of the deaths? If not whatever caused the ammonia to go up, triggered the stress, ich, and snowball affect :( I'm very sorry, if your tank is cycled then you should be able to keep doing water changed to remove/dilute the ammonia until its 0.

I'm at this point gonna run the tank for 2 months without adding anything and do weekly water changes until I'm confident that the params won't crash again

Ich doesn't just 'appear' because a fish is stressed. It has to be introduced to your system first. At some point you added something that had ich.

As long as there are fish in there, the likelihood is that the ich parasite will persist

Back
Top Bottom