experience with meds for ich

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stryder

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello all, I was just thinking that since ich is a fact of life that we all must deal with, there must be some good cures for it. I have a reef with corals, inverts and the works, and am looking for a medication to use in the main tank to control ich. Does anyone have a good product that they recommend that is SAFE!!!

There are NO reliable REEFSAFE ick cures. The problem is ick is an invert and meds that kill it, do not discriminate which inverts they kill.

Hello all, I was just thinking that since ich is a fact of life that we all must deal with, there must be some good cures for it. I have a reef with corals, inverts and the works, and am looking for a medication to use in the main tank to control ich. Does anyone have a good product that they recommend that is SAFE!!!

Actually it should only be a fact of life in a quarantine tank and NOT in your main tank. If your fish develops ich in the QT, hyposalinity is your best course of treatment. Take RR's advice and don't try to treat the main tank. Even those "reef safe" formulas don't seem to work.

Back
Top Bottom