The button polyps could just be taking their time. Such a temp. flux can be stressing, but coral are pretty tough and can snap back. Give them time.
If they become slimy or if the flesh breaks apart easily...take them out. You can wave your hand over the mat of polyps to see if the flesh breaks apart. Otherwise, let nature take it's course.
My friend held onto some live rock for someone in his backyard in a hard pond liner fitted with a pump. It was fall/winter and the water was very cold. A lot of these rocks had this purple coating with little bumps. I knew it was a mat of polyps. I took one rock with this purple stuff and stuck it in my tank and in a few months time, they finally opened up. They were green star polyps. I was quite amazed. Then again...nothing about coral is short of amazing.
Here's a freak story...
A friend of mine was clearing out one of his reefs. He bleached some of the rock and there was a mushroom on one of them. This mushroom was in freshwater dosed with bleach for at least a couple of hours. He noticed the mushroom when he was rinsing the bleach water. He treated the rock for chlorine and stuck it in a tank. The mushroom made a recovery. Took a long time for it to get any of it's color back. It turned white. It was super bone white. I never would have believed it myself if I hadn't seen it for myself. This mushroom was meant to live. Now that's extreme!!
Hope your polyps wake up
They really are tough critters. Easier to keep alive than fish.
We, as a people, know so much more about outer space than we do about our own oceans. This lack of knowledge can very well spell the dangers that lay in wait for us.
The oceans surely would swallow us before a rock comes down to smite the planet of it's life.