The fis is likely to be blind in that eye from now on, but the most common causes for popeye are:
- bacterial infection
- heavy metal poisoning (ie...copper)
- gas embolism
So if it were my clown, I would check the copper level in the tank and any metals in the make up water (if tap water is used, should be able to get an analysis from the city), and treat with penicillin. It is most likely bacterial, the white film peeling off is indicitive of a bacterial infection. Make sure they use penicillin, it is the antibiotic of choice for eyes. Also make sure they monitor ammonia and nitrite readings during treatment, any antibiotic has the ability to crash the biofilter....