Falcula butterflyfish will not eat. Suggestions???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

porcelaindoll

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a Falcula butterflyfish. He's a newbie in my tank. He ate frozen brine and bloodoworms and the LFS but now he's in my tank and won't eat it. He does have a slight case of Ich but I've never seen that stop a fish from eating. Garlic has not enticed him to eat. Maybe I should try Mysis? Any suggestions?

Is your butterfly in QT?

How long have you had him? Sometimes it takes fish a few days to get settled and start eating. If it has been less than a week, I wouldn't be too concerned.

I would be more concerned about the "slight cas of Ich." What are you doing to treat him?

tripper

He's not in QT. I treated the main tank with CopperSafe and it has since then improved. It has been over a week since he has eaten. I now tried Mysis, have tried brine, bloodoworms and krill. He just doesn't want to eat, still seems active though. I just don't know what else to do. :(

porcelaindoll said:
He's not in QT. I treated the main tank with CopperSafe and it has since then improved. It has been over a week since he has eaten. I now tried Mysis, have tried brine, bloodoworms and krill. He just doesn't want to eat, still seems active though. I just don't know what else to do. :(

/wince

Wow, I will spare you my "you should always QT and never treat in the main" speeches. One last option is cyclop-eeze. Do you have much LR in the tank?

Back
Top Bottom