Favia not doing so well

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tilton.s11

Aquarium Advice Activist
He isn't doing great....everything else in the tank is doing fine. So I'm thinking its placement. How long should I wait before I move him again? Any other tips to help save him?

ForumRunner_20130704_095742.jpg

ForumRunner_20130704_095753.jpg

It looks like there's no flesh left. Just the skeleton. It looks already completely dead. If everything else was doing fine, then maybe it was too much lighting.

I would put it on the sand bed I had one do this and after a month or so it came around.. What kind of lights do you have ? How did you acclimate it...

From what I can tell you have it way to high in the tank your lights are bleaching it. Like I said in last post move it to the sand bed and give it a month or so and maintain good water parameters..

Let it float for a while for temp. Put small amounts of water in the bag a little at a time for water condition. And I got it after my lights were off. So I put it about 5 inches up from the sand bed. I have 2 AI sols on a 55 or 65 g tank. Have them parallel and about 18 inch about the tank. They are about 65% but I can double check that later.

Well at least I didn't buy it already dead. LOL

True :lol:. To be on the safe side next time, drip acclimate your corals as light acclimate them. As you probably know by now, corals and other livestock don't like too much change. They like consistency. Putting them in a bucket (preferably a styrofoam box) and dripping water in slowly is better than adding a cup every so often. Also dipping prevents risks of disease/pests taking over. Photoacclimating is very important especially for this case. Getting the coral gradually used to the spectrum and intensity of the light is just as important imo.

definitely bring it down mine looked like that a long time than I moved it down now it's happy
img_2548642_0_930bc17399ee8d21721bcec5144f9995.jpg

Back
Top Bottom