Feather duster

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TommyP

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey,

Before I went to feed my clown I noticed my feather duster popped out and is now snugged under the rock. The main light brown tube is still attached to the rock. Any idea why? Is he dead now?

Last edited by a moderator:
They do that some times if they decided that the location they currently at is not to their liking. They'll create a new tube in a matter of days. Just keep an eye to make sure nothing is picking on them.

TommyP said:
Hey,

Before I went to feed my clown I noticed my feather duster popped out and is now snugged under the rock. The main light brown tube is still attached to the rock. Any idea why? Is he dead now?

I've heard that if the duster isn't happy where is, it will abandon that tube and crawl to a better spot and then start making a new tube from the sand. He"ll probably be ok, as long as no one in the tank decides they like to eat worms before he gets a new tube made. :(

Very good thanks all. Ill keep checking on him to make sure he's okay. I have a clown and 1 peppermint shrimp so I think it'll be ok

Thank you for checking, he didnt do well I assume. I came home from work the other night, the tan tube was still attached to the rock and he was no where to be found. my 55 gallon was cycled and ready to go so I brought the 10lbs or so of live rock i had into that tank wih the other rock that was already there and he was no where to be found. Since he may be under the sand for some reason I left the heater/filter on in the empty tank just incase. I will give it another month or so to see if he shows, if not I will clean it out. For some good news i guess when i purchased a piece of live rock from petco it had 2 very healthy and better looking feather dusters on it already.

Dont worry tommy . When the water is good you will have bunch of them . I never buy any feather duster and suddenly it just grow all over my rocks and sandbed . there so many just grow itself i cant even count it

Back
Top Bottom