Feather Duster in need of help???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carrissab

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a feather duster that I've had for quite a while. It has always seemed to be doing very well until today. I noticed that it was coming out of it's tube and that it's crown is gone, but I can't find it anywhere in the tank. It is secreting some white stringy stuff that I'm assuming is some type of reproduction. I've looked online, but all the pictures I've found show the worms in their tubes, crowns attached. Should I be worried about it? Anybody have any advice? Thanks in advance!

It will grow another crown. They usually drop the crown when they get stressed. Has your water parameters changed lately? Anything messing with it? Make sure everything is OK. As I said the crown will grow back once the stress is removed.

You've had it for quite a while, but how long is quite a while? They will also drop their crowns and move when the food supply is insufficient.

agreed...crown drops under stress. Feather dusters are actually hard to keep for over a year in captivity without diligent care

Her tank is only been from Dec, so I supposed it's been at the most 2 months the longest...

Back
Top Bottom