Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-15-2010, 03:52 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Feather duster moving?

I have a Hawaiian feather duster, purple one..and hes been in his tube where i put him in the tank for a month or more now, no problems comes out, looks pretty...today i look and his tube seems kinda deflated so i figure whatever its looked like that before, and sure enough a few minutes later hes out showing off, i check the tank like 3 hours later and hes not in his tube hes on the other side of the tank sticking out the side of some live rock...

can they move? i thought they needed to be in the tube at all times...and i checked again just after lights out and hes in a totally different spot again...(original tube i bought him in is still in the same spot in my tank, it has not moved at all.

is he sick? or just not going to cooperate and stay where i want him?

Old 12-15-2010, 02:49 PM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

Most likely it is looknig for a place with more flow. It can grow a new tube in a few hours. Leave it alone and hope it found a new place that it likes before being eaten by others.

cmor1701d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 05:44 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

he seemed to crawl into the back area of the tank and hast moved, his feathers dont seem to be moving at all either..
Old 12-15-2010, 06:37 PM   #4
AA Team Emeritus

The feathers are optional. Called the crown. They usually blow the crown, then move. Ugly looking wormlike thing. Hopefully it'll survive and build another tube.

"Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we are here we might as well dance!"

austinsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 06:56 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

hes sticking out of the original tube now, with no "crown" starting to freak me out...

Tags
eat, feather duster, moving

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com