feeding engineer goby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mephistopheles

Aquarium Advice Activist
When he was little I fed him flake, but now that he's bigger (6 inches), I feel like he needs a little more variety or something bigger. I'd be interested to know what others are feeding them. Also, I recently had to move his tank (40 gal FOWLR) and I haven't hardly seen him eat since (about a week). I'm assuming he's still stressed from the move and as the tank is settling back down into it's rythm. Here's hoping he finds his appetite again.

I hardly ever feed flakes anymore (they produce too much phosphate). I soak my mysis in garlic gard, zoe and selcon. You can also make your own food from raw, unseasoned seafood, from your grocery store.

To me the key is variety. IMO nothing wrong with flake but a good variety is always better. I feed Flake, mysis,brine, emerald entree and I`m sure there are other things.But as I said variety is the key.

Feed every other day also. If you are feeding every day and your tank parameters are OK I would keep doing it till you see him eating good then go to every other day. But of course this is JMO and IME.

Back
Top Bottom