Female Gold Strip Maroon not eating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luntiz

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a pair of Gold Stripped Maroon Clowns that I got over a week ago. My tank came down with Ich and Im currently treating with hyposalinity. About 5 days ago the female clown stopped eating. Is this due to Ich or is she just picky with the food I give her? I feed Brine, Blood Worms, and Formula 2. She puts the food in her mouth and then spits it back out and then the male swims up and gets it.

Is it normal for fish to lose their appetite when they contract Ich? Should I try to feed other forms of food?

Also, being that its been about 5 days since she ate, wouldn't she starve to death?

I would just wait, she should turn around. They can go a few weeks before starving assuming she was fat and healthy before she went on a hunger strike. Good luck

Make sure you are checking the water parameters daily. Alk/pH have a habit of dropping dramatically when using hypo and could be stressing the clowns. Brines not the best food source either. If you can find it, Mysis shrimp would be much better. A few drops of garlic may also help entice a feeding response. Just don't use too much as it can confuse the senses.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom