few things wrong

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pipermurphy

Aquarium Advice Freak
Okay, I have a prob with my jawfish.
Her tail & top fins are going away raggedly. She has been in the tank for months, then disappeared into the overflow for a few days, (I thought she was dead till I happened on her in the overflow).
Also, I recently moved the tank and noticed alot of bristleworms, was told here that it is okay as long as I didn't have alot so I pulled out what ones I could get and tossed them in moving the tank.
My question are:
- could bristleworms eat the jawfish's fins?
- Could moving the tank have disrupted the DSB?
- I have noticed a little red algae bloom after the move, which I didn't have in a long, long time is this normal after a move?

Thanks again

That is one of the small problems, what really concerned me was the jawfish's fins. Could a jawfish rub its fins off? It has been going nonstop burrowing for a few days. Last night it spent 20 mins trying to jump out of the water. Could bristles bite its fins?

Maybe you could get your jawfish a friend. They seem to be more active, and happy with another jawfish to build with. I have two, and one will grab coral; while the other keeps watch.

Back
Top Bottom