Fighting fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Talon

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 100 gallon tank and have a few fish (kole tang, two clowns, coral beauty, diamond goby, and a neon dotyback). I just got a six line wrasse yesterday cause I heard they will take care of bristle worms which I feel I have to many of. Anyways this morning I noticed my neon dotyback is all messed up missing scales and parts of his fins. After watching the them I did notice them going after each other from time to time. Is there anything I can do other than just separate them.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

No. You can cut back the number of bristle worms by cutting back on feeding. Rising bristle worm population means there is a lot of food available for them.

dotty backs and the six line will most likely fight till death with the dotty back loosing the battle ,they are not a compatible fish , sorry to have to break the news !
always check the compatibility charts when buying fish it will save you this headache in the future ,
and just a fyi they claim six lines will keep Bristol worm populations down don't count on it ,
lighten up on your feeding that will make the difference that will help cut them back

I feel bad now. The pet store said it would be ok and live aquaria just said with caution. I guess lesson learned I should ask here first. Thanks for the help and the bristle worm advice. I had started feeding a little more recently and I guess I should cut back to what I was doing. I guess I will avoid the dottybacks now. Though I was thinking of a starry Benny. Any ideas if that would work?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom