fighting ich Safe Temp for Corals ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

afilter

Aquarium Advice Addict
Due to a sudden temp drop about two weeks ago I have been fighting the age old ich battle with my PBT and CB.

I added a WON heater to correct the initial problem and itis working great. I also added a 2nd cleaner shrimp which seems to be helping. I also started using garlic extreme with food and as an additive to the water.

I brought the temp up to about 79 from 76 and all seems to be doing well. No more ich signs on the CB and all other inhabitants seem fine. The PBT is the only one that still has visible signs.

Removing the PBT is a last resort which I prefer not to do.

My question is will taking the temp to to 82+ be harmful to any of the other inhabitants now that I have all the coral?

Other than the visible ich the PBT acts totally healthy and is eating great. It does make regular visits to the cleaner shrimp.

Thoughts?

i dont think 82 degrees will cause any harm but raising the temp will only speed up the life cycle of the ich not help kill it off even if the garlic and the shrimp get it under control,you still have ich and it will be back.
shrimp only pick off the paracites close to the surface and probably dont even get half of each one, garlic boosts the imune system so the fish are healthy enough to cope with the problem.
if you want to be rid of ich you have no other choice than to treat it,not the simtoms of it,so if you like the fish you have and dont want a fish grave yard like the one i have in my back yard dont wait untill its too late.since loosing a 130g full of fish i have a 67g qt tank all new fish live in,ive got ich since then and copper worked like a charm for me and recomend it to anyone with a tank they can devote just to treating fish. hypo is another meathod wich would work but my experiance didnt go well i had a lot of bacterial infections and the non stop waterchanges almost killed me lowering the salt then raising it back up uses a lot of salt up in a hurry.
so sorry about the ich but i think you need to reconsider your plan.

Back
Top Bottom