Fiji Leather

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

boxxmann

Aquarium Advice Activist
:?: My yellow Fiji leather has totally changed color from bright yellow to a medium brown. My water is the same and I have not moved it in the tank. It is in the same spot. I have 2 175 MH lights and it is about 4" from the top of the water. Is that too high?

Try moving it lower, over the course of a few days. It's possible for corals to over-produce zooxanthellea, causing a brown color that you can see.

Could you provide some more information about your lighting: reflectors used, brand of lamp, and ballast?

I use 15k lights and a magnetic ballast. The light bulbs are approx. 6 mo. old. I moved it down about half way and it looks a little better. How long should I leave it there?

How long should I leave it there?

If it seems happy there, I'd leave it. If you move it higher, you will likely see the same problem again. Give it some time to adjust to the lower lighting, but you should see it's color diminsh back to the natural yellow.

I have a piece of a fiji leather that is coming back on a rock that I had one before but died. This new piece is brown also so I`ll need to move mine down too Matt.

Back
Top Bottom