Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-02-2004, 02:21 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to JohnNLuc
Fin Nipped

So I wake up to take a look at the fish to find my Bicolor angels fin has a little bit nipped off and since I know it wasnt from my clown the only other fish and which happens to have just got put in from quarantine was a purple psuedo my question is was this a fluke or is this psuedo who is 3X smaller than my angel going to keep doing this and how long does a fin take to grow back and should i be treating him with anything or let it grow back natrually? TIA

JohnNLuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 07:44 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

I have purchased some Melafix in hopes for his tail fin to grow back faster should I put him in QT while I dose the melafix or would it be safe to just add the melafix to the tank itsself?

Old 12-03-2004, 12:18 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to quarryshark
Just keep the water quality high and it should heal on its own. When I introduced my yellow tang, my Maculosus angel beat the heck out of her. She had several of her fins pretty torn up. They all healed in a few day.
Oh, and they are now best buds, maybe it will work out. In fact the Yellow is the only one now allowed in "her cave".
Old 12-03-2004, 12:52 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

i agree w/qs good water quality and food it will heal fast as long as hes being left alone
Old 12-03-2004, 12:55 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

I doubt the psuedo will be bothering him again I think it was just a quarrel the first night since the psuedo tried to enter his sleeping territory and I look tonight and the Bi color angel is in his usual spot and the psuedo is on the other side of the tank.

Tags
fin

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com