Fin Nipped

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JohnNLuc

Aquarium Advice Freak
:evil: So I wake up to take a look at the fish to find my Bicolor angels fin has a little bit nipped off and since I know it wasnt from my clown the only other fish and which happens to have just got put in from quarantine was a purple psuedo my question is was this a fluke or is this psuedo who is 3X smaller than my angel going to keep doing this and how long does a fin take to grow back and should i be treating him with anything or let it grow back natrually? TIA

I have purchased some Melafix in hopes for his tail fin to grow back faster should I put him in QT while I dose the melafix or would it be safe to just add the melafix to the tank itsself?

Just keep the water quality high and it should heal on its own. When I introduced my yellow tang, my Maculosus angel beat the heck out of her. She had several of her fins pretty torn up. They all healed in a few day.
Oh, and they are now best buds, maybe it will work out. In fact the Yellow is the only one now allowed in "her cave". :wink:

i agree w/qs good water quality and food it will heal fast as long as hes being left alone :)

I doubt the psuedo will be bothering him again I think it was just a quarrel the first night since the psuedo tried to enter his sleeping territory and I look tonight and the Bi color angel is in his usual spot and the psuedo is on the other side of the tank.

Back
Top Bottom