Final Plan for Ich + Ich Tank Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

redsea

Aquarium Advice Addict
Today I went to the LFS, and I got a 10 gallon Aqueon tank kit to use for my fish in my 34 gallon.
1. Do I need to take the carbon out of the filter?
2. Any more recommendations on cycling it? Would adding a filter pad from the 34 be enough with water from the 34?
3. What would you treat with, and why?

4. Comments and suggestions are welcome :)
5. Thanks for reading!

Attachments

• image-2810533867.jpg
    image-2810533867.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 42
If it is fish only that you are treating, I would suggest a copper based medicine. Yes, it can be hard on inverts and live rock so don't use it with that. I have ick in a fowlr right now. I tried ick attack, did bot work and led to my coral beauty dying of Ich. Switched to copper meds and seemed to clear it up mostly . Just have to monitor it.

Okay, so here is a little update!

I got the copper medication and I am now just waiting for my LFS to get in my copper test kit. Then treatment can begin!

Thanks for viewing!

Glad youre moving forward! I must have missed something because I didn't know you had ich. :-(

Today I went to the LFS, and I got a 10 gallon Aqueon tank kit to use for my fish in my 34 gallon.
1. Do I need to take the carbon out of the filter?
2. Any more recommendations on cycling it? Would adding a filter pad from the 34 be enough with water from the 34?
3. What would you treat with, and why?
4. Comments and suggestions are welcome
5. Thanks for reading!
1. Do I need to take the carbon out of the filter?If using copper,,yes ..

2. Any more recommendations on cycling it? Would adding a filter pad from the 34 be enough with water from the 34?Yes this will work ,,even a piece of LR ..I always do this
3. What would you treat with, and why?Personally Hypo is my choice...Easier,safer and less stressful ...Even though i never used copper,,it just sounds too easy to OD

4. Comments and suggestions are welcome :)Good luck..hope it all goes well

carey said:
Glad youre moving forward! I must have missed something because I didn't know you had ich. :-(

Thank you! Yeah, I think I have ich, it isn't bad at all, but I am going to treat anyway just to be sure, and that way the ich will die inside the tank.

FTMMWS said:
1. Do I need to take the carbon out of the filter?If using copper,,yes ..

2. Any more recommendations on cycling it? Would adding a filter pad from the 34 be enough with water from the 34?Yes this will work ,,even a piece of LR ..I always do this
3. What would you treat with, and why?Personally Hypo is my choice...Easier,safer and less stressful ...Even though i never used copper,,it just sounds too easy to OD

4. Comments and suggestions are welcome :)Good luck..hope it all goes well

Thank you. I am glad that my cycling plan will work, it will be a breeze!

So, how much ppm of copper should be in the tank at a time?

My second question :):

The instructions on the bottle say to use 5 mL per four gallons of water, and it says after you do that it treats for a month. So that means during that month I just test and make sure something out of the ordinary doesn't happen?

Also, as the amount of copper begins to drop as the month goes on, do I put in enough copper to get it back up to the right amount? Or do I just wait untill the month is over and then dose 5 mL per 4 gallons of water again?

Thank you very much! :)

Back
Top Bottom