Fire Shrimp died after 17 days! Why!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Eggpaul

Aquarium Advice Activist
Biocube 29- 3 months old. Water parameters are basically perfect. Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrates are at 0. KH is between 9-10. Calcium is at 400. SG- 1.025

Stocked with - 2 Clowns, 1 Canary Blenny that doesn't eat, 1 purple firefish, 1 red fin goby. 17 corals (softies/lps).

Purchased a fire shrimp on June 7. Floated it for 20 minutes, then added 1/2 cup of water every 5 minutes until it filled up, then dumped half of it and repeated process. Fire shrimp basically would hide then come out during feeding time. He molted the rear part of his body once. Yesterday I come home from work and I see that he molted the front part of his body, and he was lying close to it just moving one of his arms, but he was dying. I noticed an opening under his belly (towards the front).

Did it die from the molting? Would the blenny attack it out of desperation? Because the blenny that I've owned for a few weeks does not eat pellets or mysis shrimp (but only hunts on the live rock, but there probably isn't enought food there for him).

Is my tank not ready for shrimp? I thought 3 months would be fine. :(

Back
Top Bottom