Firefish Feeding problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DeepCutta720

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi There

My new firefish goby will only eat live brine shrimp, he eats it like there is no tomorrow. But when I try and feed it flakes (New Life Spectrum Optimum Salt h2o Flakes) he chews them and spits it out or just lets it sink. How can I get my fish to make the switch from live to prepared flakes?

Thanks!
Aamir

DeepCutta720 said:
he chews them and spits it out or just lets it sink.
Could be the morsel size is too large and the fish can't swallow. Try crushing the foods to a smaller size and see if that helps.

Cheers
Steve

My firefish doesn't like flakes or small pelets either. He eats brine shrimp like no tomorrow, and has gotten to like the taste of Formula One (the frozen stuff). My clowns love that stuff :)

Firefish will not redily accept flakes. I had a firefish and it ate Nutramax Slow Sinking Morsels. None of my fish ate the flakes. And also when they do sink to the bottom they stay there and don't get sucked in to the filter to decay and create an ammonia spike. What the fish dont eat the hermit crabs finish so they are pretty good.

This is what it looks like. http://www.marinedepot.com/md_viewItem.asp?idproduct=HG16232

My fireFish will eat very small bits of Formula 2 flake, but prefers defrosted Brine & mysis shrimp

Cheers Shelton.

my firefish eats brine and Mysis but has also been known to eat pellets as well.

Ive finally got my firefish eating New Life Optimum Spectrum flakes. It took 5 days of training him by slowly reducing the live brine and transitioning to flake. That flake food has appeared to breath new life in to my little firefish. His dorsal fin is almost always up now and his colors have become noticeably brighter. The website said they have a ten day gaurantee which I thought was just a gimmick but this food actually seems to do what they claim.

As far as my firefish goes, I'm having similar problems, little guy is just addicted to the copepods..

Back
Top Bottom