Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-12-2005, 02:17 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

Firefish Missing

My Firefish seems to be missing... I have him in my 20 gallon with my true percula clown and a green serpant starfish. I am wondering if maybe the starfish ate it??? That would be my best guess. I searched everywhere for the little guy, but he just isn't turning up. I also know that they tend to be jumpers so I searched around the tank too. Its just so wierd.

Old 01-12-2005, 02:24 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to RocketSeason
could be hiding. mine sleeps in a little cave in my LR at night. Give it a day. If its hiding, It should come out soon.

Hardware: 37 gallon SW tank and stand by Oceanic Systems, Magnum 350 Pro Canister Filter (half carbon), CPR Bak Pak 2R skimmer, Maxijet 1200 Powerhead, RenaCal 150 W heater, Compact fluorescent lights with moonlights. 40 lbs of liverock, 3" sand bed.

Software:2 Tank-Raised Ocellaris Clowns, 1 Purple Firefish, 1 Electric Orange hermit crab, 18 Blue Legged hermit crabs, 8 or so Nassarius snails, Xenia, Blue, green, and Green Striped Mushrooms.

Click here to vote for AquariumAdvice.com: The friendliest, fishiest place on the net!

Central Illinois Marane Aquarist (CIMA) member.
RocketSeason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 02:29 PM   #3
AA Team Emeritus

well if did die from something, it is quite likely you will never find any remains. If your tank has a proper cleanup crew and lots of LR, it's likely been tucked away where critters will feed on it until it is wholely consumed. Lets hope thats not what happened though!

Do you have any Hang on Filters or fuges? could have jumped into one of those if they're not covered. He could also just be hiding. I've had a fish or two go "missing" just to show up perfectly fine a couple days later. Keep your fingers crossed!
Old 01-12-2005, 04:29 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

I think your firefish could be hiding in LR. Mine hid under LR a couple of days when he was introduced to the main tank. Put some Formular 1 food in the tank and see if he'll come out.
Old 01-13-2005, 11:16 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to yaksplat Send a message via MSN to yaksplat Send a message via Yahoo to yaksplat
look behind your tank, they like to jump
Old 01-13-2005, 03:19 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Activist

well update, its still missing, my last thread of hope is fading away. Definately did not jump out of the tank so I'm wondering if my serpant star ate it, whether it died before that or after that I have no idea. All I know is my water parameters are all alright, Ammonia 0, Nitrite 0, Nitrate 5-10, and phosphate 5. I hate to think I lost my favorite fish!
Old 01-13-2005, 05:49 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

$10 at your LFS. *smirk*
Old 01-13-2005, 07:33 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Activist

Its more than just money schoeplein, I don't really care if they cost 100 dollars or 1, I don't like losing fish. Especially if it turns out to be my fault. I guess thats why I don't lose many, because I care whether it cost me money or not.
Old 01-14-2005, 10:41 AM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to RocketSeason
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfirst
Its more than just money schoeplein, I don't really care if they cost 100 dollars or 1, I don't like losing fish. Especially if it turns out to be my fault. I guess thats why I don't lose many, because I care whether it cost me money or not.
well put!
Hardware: 37 gallon SW tank and stand by Oceanic Systems, Magnum 350 Pro Canister Filter (half carbon), CPR Bak Pak 2R skimmer, Maxijet 1200 Powerhead, RenaCal 150 W heater, Compact fluorescent lights with moonlights. 40 lbs of liverock, 3" sand bed.

Software:2 Tank-Raised Ocellaris Clowns, 1 Purple Firefish, 1 Electric Orange hermit crab, 18 Blue Legged hermit crabs, 8 or so Nassarius snails, Xenia, Blue, green, and Green Striped Mushrooms.

Click here to vote for AquariumAdvice.com: The friendliest, fishiest place on the net!

Central Illinois Marane Aquarist (CIMA) member.
RocketSeason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 10:50 AM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Its more than just money schoeplein, I don't really care if they cost 100 dollars or 1, I don't like losing fish . Especially if it turns out to be my fault. I guess thats why I don't lose many, because I care whether it cost me money or not.
I have to agree, VERY well put!

To me it's never about money, it's about trying to keep happy the fish, coral, and inverts, that are my pets.

Tags
firefish, missing

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com