Firefish Missing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishfirst

Aquarium Advice Activist
My Firefish seems to be missing... I have him in my 20 gallon with my true percula clown and a green serpant starfish. I am wondering if maybe the starfish ate it??? That would be my best guess. I searched everywhere for the little guy, but he just isn't turning up. I also know that they tend to be jumpers so I searched around the tank too. Its just so wierd.

could be hiding. mine sleeps in a little cave in my LR at night. Give it a day. If its hiding, It should come out soon.

well if did die from something, it is quite likely you will never find any remains. If your tank has a proper cleanup crew and lots of LR, it's likely been tucked away where critters will feed on it until it is wholely consumed. Lets hope thats not what happened though!

Do you have any Hang on Filters or fuges? could have jumped into one of those if they're not covered. He could also just be hiding. I've had a fish or two go "missing" just to show up perfectly fine a couple days later. Keep your fingers crossed!

I think your firefish could be hiding in LR. Mine hid under LR a couple of days when he was introduced to the main tank. Put some Formular 1 food in the tank and see if he'll come out.

well update, its still missing, my last thread of hope is fading away. Definately did not jump out of the tank so I'm wondering if my serpant star ate it, whether it died before that or after that I have no idea. All I know is my water parameters are all alright, Ammonia 0, Nitrite 0, Nitrate 5-10, and phosphate 5. I hate to think I lost my favorite fish!

Its more than just money schoeplein, I don't really care if they cost 100 dollars or 1, I don't like losing fish. Especially if it turns out to be my fault. I guess thats why I don't lose many, because I care whether it cost me money or not.

fishfirst said:
Its more than just money schoeplein, I don't really care if they cost 100 dollars or 1, I don't like losing fish. Especially if it turns out to be my fault. I guess thats why I don't lose many, because I care whether it cost me money or not.

well put! :)

Its more than just money schoeplein, I don't really care if they cost 100 dollars or 1, I don't like losing fish . Especially if it turns out to be my fault. I guess thats why I don't lose many, because I care whether it cost me money or not.

I have to agree, VERY well put! :wink:

To me it's never about money, it's about trying to keep happy the fish, coral, and inverts, that are my pets.

Ditch the green star!! Firefish like to sleep in all sorts of odd places including the sand bed making them easy prey for the green star, as does their small size. I lost a Randal's goby and a cleaner shrimp to a green brittle star.

Green brittle starfish aren't the same as Green Serpant Starfish right??? I'm pretty sure on this... but I think the serpant starfish ate the fire goby... whether it was alive or dead at the time... I don't know for sure.

Oops :oops: , I didn't see you wrote serpent in your first post. Green "brittles" are active hunters, not "serpents". What does your star look like-any coloring in the center? YMMV w/ stars, some individuals are more aggressive than others.

Back
Top Bottom