First Fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Z

zacdl

My Cycle is done, the shrimp is almost done... I need to get a fish in there to keep the ammonia going! I dont want to re-do my cycle because I was too lazy to get some more ammonia-producing stuff...

Anyway, I was thinking of getting a clown, is there any other good first-fish?

I would go with the clown. Damsels are very hardy, but are way to aggressive in a smaller tank.

i agree a clown is way better to have than a damsel they get to agressive and a clown looks better and has better character than a damsel. and clowns are pretty easy to care for

How big is your tank?

I agree that ocellaris clowns are good to start with and they have a great personality. Buy captive bred clowns, they will be more hardy and are prepared to spend their life in a glass box.

I like green chromis, and after I've cycled one tank with them, I throw them into my hospital tank to keep my biological filtration going. They are hardy and the least aggressive of the anemone fish. I am not a big clown fan. Percula and Ocellaris are too common, tomatoes are not cute or friendly, maroon rule but are aggressive, and the rest are whatever. Every now and then I'll see fire tomatoes which are cute. Cinnimon clowns are cute but I've never had good luck. I put 10 into a 750 gal at work and only one survived. I work with 30,000 gals with only small salt water fish and we keep almost every species of clown. Kids want to see nemo.

Skunk clowns are the best fish in the whole world. I bought my 125 gal just so I could own some skunk clowns. I also have skunks in my 30 gal. They are the most adorable fish ever. There is no fish better than a skunk fish. I just love them. You could say I have a sick obsession. Girls love them, I should know, I am one. Every time I have a party everyone comments on my skunk clowns. I even got captive bred ones from a friend and they settled right into a sebae anemone. So cute. :D

I would go with a school of chromis. They look pretty cool when they swim together and theyre peacful...I have a school of fifteen and Ive never had a problem with them

I would start with one ocellaris or perc clown. Very hardy and not too agressive. Put one in and see how it goes.

Back
Top Bottom