Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-18-2004, 09:51 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

fish and sound?

I just have a question, are fish sensitive to sound, I assume they can hear, but do loud noises affect them? I've had a 30 gallon set up in my rec room for a few months now, I also have a home theatre in there, and was watching a movie the other night and this just popped into my head, and I don't want my fish getting sick or suffer or anything because of it, thanks

Old 07-18-2004, 10:40 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

I would imagine any strong vibrations, such as from a subwoofer, would be somewhat upsetting for the fish.

Click HERE to vote for Aquarium Advice!
Atari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 12:20 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to WarOrks15 Send a message via MSN to WarOrks15
you would think be i know this topic came up some time ago. there are many people who have subs right under or behind the tank and the fish dont feel any thing.
Old 07-19-2004, 03:36 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarOrks15
you would think be i know this topic came up some time ago. there are many people who have subs right under or behind the tank and the fish dont feel any thing.
That's my fish. The subwoofer from the home theater is about a foot away from them, and they don't seem to care at all. They just keep sleeping.

I do know that, however, they know when someone is comming into the room before we actually enter the room because they get into "formation" at the corner where I usually feed them... Smart little beggars!!!
Old 07-19-2004, 09:42 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

I have my sub along the same wall as my tank. There is about five feet distance between them. I have not noticed any problems.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com